"Not my will, but thy will be done!"

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Count the Cost" ( a poem by Cate Hatfield)


Count the Cost

“It broke my heart to see HIS stripes; it broke my will to know

 HE did...ALL that he did in 6 hours time,

HE did for the world and this spirit of mine.

Despised and broken HIS life HE gave...in 6 hours time,

My soul HE saved.

 When I count the cost...for this world of lost,

The price HE paid for the debt we made...

I think how great is this prize

How we must look through HIS eyes.

I count the time that HE spent there

On that cross, our shame to bear.

A single act so Great that it split time,

 It split the veil and this heart of mine.

So when you start to count the cost

 Be sure to add what HE found lost.

It only took 6 hours time to save a world and this life of mine."

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gritsy,
    This was just as moving as the last time I read it at WB. I'm so glad that you decided to open your horizons and perhaps your audience with a new venue to express your faith and mine.

    See you soon,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Scott,

    I am so very glad you decided to stop by and check out my new blog. I am very hopeful that this will appeal to many Christians and those of faith. While the blog itself is still under construction, I wanted to get some of my pieces up and running, to give people something to read and comment on while I am setting up my links for them.

    Again, good of you to stop by. I hope you continue to do so in the future as you are ALWAYS WELCOME HERE.

    Always,

    Cate

    ReplyDelete